Livelihood Development for Human Rights Promotion (LIDFOHRP) is National Non Governmental Organization established in 2014 but officially registered in 2015. It was established just after the Ebola Scourge in Sierra Leone to support communities with Livelihood sustenance initiatives, promote Human Rights intervention, Gender Equality and Capacity building. LIDFOHRP is registered with the Ministry of planning and economic Development, Ministry of social Welfare Gender and Children’s Affairs and Local District Councils in the Republic of Sierra Leone West Africa.
AIMS-WHAT WE DO
- We Strive to Work with women and children in poor families, helping them increased their family economic security, building their capacities and creating a supportive public and private partnership
- We Strive to Work with women and children to improve their livelihoods and access complementary services from development partners, public and private institutions.
- We Strive to Empower Women, Girls, Men and Boys to challenge attitudes, beliefs and practices not in the interest of families or communities cohesiveness that oppress women and girls in their environment.
- We strive to provide women’s access to, and control over economic resources and enhance their inclusive decision – making power in their households and communities.
- We strive to provide immediate access to foster “parents’ refuge accommodation” for women and girls fleeing from violence situation at home.
- We strive to facilitate immediate access to livelihood recovery basic needs i.e. Economic resources, food, quality education, medical, psycho-social and legal support for victims of Gender-Based violence (GBV).
Victims and survivors of Gender-Based violence
- Respect and harmonize traditions and modern methods of enhancing Gender equality and livelihood development strategies.
- Empowerments and talent creation
- Nurturing the culture of community group savings
- Business Development Skill s (BDS)
- Environmental Management initiatives
- Creation of safe space for women and girls fleeing from domestic violence home
- Counselling education
- Financial Education-for rural communities
- GROUP wealth generation for hard to reach communities
- Victims and survivors of Gender-Based violence
- Teenage/young mothers
- Adolescent Girls
- Vulnerable children: out-off school children, Orphans and other less privilege category
- Deprived youths
- Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
Founder and Director
Abdulai Bangura-Founder and Director for Livelihood Development for Human Rights Promotion. Bangura is a Holder of Msc Development Studies from Najla University-Sierra Leone. He has more than 10 years experience in NGO
Ramatu Koroma is a Co-founder of Livelihood Development for Human Rights Promotion. She holds a certificate in Community Health Enrollment Nurse with 5 years experience. She is serving as the community health enrollment nurse with 5 years experience. She is currently serving as the community health promotion Director.
finance and Admin officer
Adama Isha Wurie
Adama Isha Wurie is the finance and Admin officer for Livelihood Development for Human Rights Promotion. She is a holder of Bsc. in Financial service from the Institute of Public Administration and Management-USL
acting project officer
Mohamed Yusif Koroma
Mohamed Yusif Koroma is an acting project officer. He is a holder of a Diploma in paralegal studies and LLB awaiting from the University of Makeni.
Acting Assistant finance officer
Halima Martha Sowai
Halima Martha Sowai is the Acting Assistant finance officer for Livelihood Development for Human Rights Promotion. She holds a Bsc in Banking and Finance from Njala University-SL with 3 years working experience.